[6bone] Security over IPv6 networks

Hank Nussbacher hank@att.net.il
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:21:26 +0200

At 12:30 PM 14-03-03 -0800, David Carmean wrote:

The response I got back from Checkpoint IPv6 development was "Yes. We have
that ability, but we don't do this by ourselves - we rely on the OS to do
the tunneling. If the machine is the endpoint of IPv6 traffic encapsulated
in IPv6 tunnel (IPv4 protocol number 41), we are able to inspect both IPv6
and IPv4 packets."

Hope that helps,
-Hank