[6bone] How to specify an IPv6 DNS server on the IPv6-only host

Tim Chown tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:08:41 +0000

I think you'll find this only works on Linux and (Free)BSD.

One solution is to run a local BIND cache that listens on IPv4 localhost
and forwards queries over IPv6.

If Solaris can now resolve over v6, I'd like to know :)

Tim