[6bone] DNS servers

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:37:17 -0800 (PST)

% Hello,
% No I mean I quite sure it is possible to give DNS to every hosts by entering IP address for each of them (like in IPv4). True ?

	not sure I understand the question then.  clearly one can create
	DNS zone files that map v6 addresses to names and names to v6 addresses

%
% But my real question is: are the router able to advertise to hosts what are DNS addresse's ? It's what I've understood by reading Cisco documentation...

	maybe.  this maybe something like the DHCP option to write the
	/etc/resolv.conf file, if it exists.

%
%