[6bone] DNS servers

BEGIN, Thomas tbegin@tf1.fr
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 18:09:57 +0100

Hello,
No I mean I quite sure it is possible to give DNS to every hosts by entering IP address for each of them (like in IPv4). True ?

But my real question is: are the router able to advertise to hosts what are DNS addresse's ? It's what I've understood by reading Cisco documentation...

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Bill Manning [mailto:bmanning@ISI.EDU]
Envoyé : mercredi 5 mars 2003 18:04
À : BEGIN, Thomas
Cc : 6bone@ISI.EDU
Objet : Re: [6bone] DNS servers

% HI,
% I'm wondering what's the way for specifying to a host DNS server's addresses.
% I mean are these addresses necessary (from DNS servers) stocked in each individual host (as it used to be for IPv4)? or is there a way to give this information to routers ?
% I came to this question after reading the cisco's documentation about IPv6 commands (http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t2/ipv6/ftipv6c.htm) which specifies about giving to routers DNS server's addresses.
%
% Thanks
%
% Thomas

	you mean like this:

search ip6.int ep.net
nameserver 198.32.2.10
nameserver 2001:478:6:0:230:48ff:fe22:6a29
nameserver 198.32.6.11
nameserver 3ffe:805::2d0:b7ff:fee8:c4d9

--bill