[6bone] Getting ISPs to use IPv6

Anand Kumria wildfire@progsoc.uts.edu.au
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 13:10:55 +1100

[ Trent, please trim your emails ]

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 05:38:45PM +0800, Trent Lloyd wrote:
> We have a local internet exchange in Perth called "WAIX" and i am hoping to
> get some ipv6 transport happening over that
> The founder/guy who runs it has expressed interest but naturally he is a
> busy man and since not that many people are into it i guess its not high on
> his to-do list

I spoke to him while I was in Perth - the problem is that the exchange
members who might be interested run their Cisco gear without purchasing
support (for cost reasons) so they aren't entitled to run the release
train that supports IPv6.

6bone@progsoc.org. Our upstream is Trumpet.

> As you said, the 4 TLA owners there are unlikely to do much - a shame.
>
> Is it possible for a 'group' to get a TLA?
> maybe an informal associated of people from random ISPs and just people got
> together and got a TLA which they could do stuff with?
> I'd be interested.

Why exactly would a 'group' need a TLA?

Regards,
Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never