[6bone] help with an ipv6 multicast test plant

Lo Galbo Emanuele Emanuele.Logalbo@TILAB.COM
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 11:13:42 +0100

Hi,everybody.
I am trying to set up a test plant for Ipv6 multicast in my lab.So I thought using freebsd 4.7 that  supports, natively ,pim6sd for PIM-SM and maybe for MLD. I am not sure about MLD because I read a document relating to freebsd 4.7 stating that for host-side MLDv2 implementation,  kame snaps will be necessary over freebsd.
So I have some questions :
1) For the host-side    Do I have to use  freebsd 4.7 + kame snap?
2) for the router-side  Do i have to use just freebsd 4.7?
3) If I had to install kame snap please could you give me the way to find friendly instructions how to install over freebsd? I have to find some papers but little friendly.
Please give me hints.
Best Regards
E.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by
replying to MailAdmin@tilab.com. Thank you