[6bone] 6bone phaseout planning announcement

Ronald van der Pol Ronald.vanderPol@rvdp.org
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:31:35 +0100

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 21:43:07 -0800, Michel Py wrote:

> > Jordi Palet Martinez wrote:
> > 3) It seems to me that we must allocate pTLAs until January 1st
> > 2006 (6 months can still do a lot for "last minute" newcomers).
>
> - I agree with Jordi here that 6 months before the sunset seems a reasonable limit to me to allocate new pTLAs.

I like the phases in Bob's draft. We all know what will happen. On July 1,
2004 people will start screaming that 6bone allocations have "suddenly
stopped". It will take some time before people start realizing that
the 6bone is something that will end. Hopefully, with the 2004 phase
it will be easier to completely end the 6bone in 2006.

	rvdp