[6bone] Career Opportunity in IPv6

Gav old_mc_donald@hotmail.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 20:25:30 +0800

Hi All,

I wonder if maybe monitoring of the subscriptions instead would be useful?
I am guessing here as I do not know how many you get, but imagine it to be
a 10th of the postings on the list at the most.

The advertiser would have had to subscribe to the list in order to post to
it.
I assume having taken this effort it is not a cross posting or junk job
offer and
that it was genuinely aimed at targeting the best in the IPv6 field - I have
no
doubt he is in the right place. However I agree it is not the place for Job
Adverts.

A more thorough application process to subscribe to the list might be easier
to manage.

| everyone subscribed? :)
| seriously, we have never encouraged job postings.
| I could moderate the list, but it would delay postings
| a bit.  Or I could kick offenders off and be draconian.
| That may reduce the useful life of the list.
|
| Would a brief posting of list manners be useful?

I don't know, how would it work?
If posted tomorrow surely someone who subcribes the next day
would not get to see it.

Gav...

---
Checked for Viruses (Viri) , Gav...