[6bone] notice of intent to reclaim unused pTLAs, comment period closes 17

Michel Py michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 19:24:58 -0800

>> phrost wrote:
>> I would accept a reply of "We are having physical
>> connection problems and are unable to advertise our prefix
>> at the current time".

> Daniel Roesen wrote:
> How would that be in compliance with RFC2772, Section 7,
> point 2?
> "The pTLA Applicant MUST have the ability and intent to
> provide "production-quality" 6Bone backbone service."
> Someone not announcing the route for several months obviously
> neither intends nor is able to provide any backbone service,
> let alone "production-quality".

I agree with Daniel. Being out a few days, can happen; backhoe fate,
bozo fate, does happen. Several months, give me a break. How many pTLAs
can seriously say they have been disconnected from their IPv4 service
for several MONTHS? Gee, when my line goes down for more than 15 minutes
I'm already screaming.

Michel.