[6bone] notice of intent to reclaim unused pTLAs, comment period closes 17 January 2003

Bob Fink bob@thefinks.com
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 17:10:26 -0800

Bill,

At 02:07 AM 1/4/2003 -0800, Bill Manning wrote:
>...     For a number of pTLA holders, the delegations were made
>         well prior to RFC 2772 being released. Historically,
>         delegations (of any sort, including IPv4) were only bound
>         by the rules in effect when the delegations were made.
>
>         There have been, over the past 15 years, a number of instances
>         where due to funding, internal direction, etc. organizations will
>         place R&E and development projects on hold for months or years.
>
>         This proposal, as I understand it) will remove delegations
>         without recourse.  Seems a bit heavy-handed to me, esp. given
>         the large number of other choices available.

Good points, though the "without recourse" is not so. Several have
contacted me already with some reason or another as to why they aren't up
at the moment, and my position is to let them make a proposal to the list
as to what and when they intend to do. Let's wait to see what folks say.

By the way, what did you mean when you say "other choices available"?

Thanks,

Bob