[6bone] notice of intent to reclaim unused pTLAs, comment period closes 17 January 2003

Daniel Roesen dr@cluenet.de
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 03:13:27 +0100

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 06:37:55PM -0600, phrost wrote:
> I would accept a reply of "We are having physical connection
> problems and are unable to advertise our prefix at the current time".

How would that be in compliance with RFC2772, Section 7, point 2?

"The pTLA Applicant MUST have the ability and intent to provide
"production-quality" 6Bone backbone service."

Someone not announcing the route for several months obviously neither
intends nor is able to provide any backbone service, let alone
"production-quality".

I'm actually quite curious what the outcome of this discussion
will be...

Regards,
Daniel