connect.com.au bashing was: [6bone] Address management transfer proposal

Mark Prior mrp@mrp.net
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 19:33:09 +1030

At 5:48 PM +1100 1/1/03, Anand Kumria wrote:
>  > Similarly with IPv6, if the customers want it (and are
>>  prepared to pay for it) then ISPs will see the revenue opportunity
>>  and do something about it. If the customers don't ask for it then why
>>  would an ISP waste resources deploying something that will get no
>>  return?
>
>What, if I may ask, was the justification for IPv4 multicast within
>Connect then?

Internally we used it for the standard MBONE conferencing between offices.

>Sorry if I'm seeming to pick on your ex-employer but your theory on how
>they operate doesn't match my experience as a customer.

Well I worked for a Connect customer last year and we had a IPv6
prefix issued by Connect and were using it. If their 6Bone link is
broken now then I guess noone has complained after I left.

Mark.