[6bone] 6bone transitions planning BOF in San Francisco

Michel Py michel@arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:21:06 -0800

Bob,

> Bob Fink wrote:
> Status and discussion of the proposal for the "transfer of
> 6bone address management responsibilities to RIRs" - Bob
> Fink and appropriate RIR folk, 30 minutes
> <http://www.6bone.net/ngtrans/IETF-54-Yokohama/6bone-registry.pdf>
> Presentation of the 6bone phaseout plan - Bob Hinden, 10 mins
> <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fink-6bone-phaseout-00.txt>

I would tend to think that these two proposals are mutually
incompatible. If we are to proceed with the phaseout plan with the
proposed dates (and they appear to be what could reach consensus), what
is the point of making the move towards the RIRs? I would take the most
part of the remaining time between now and July 2004 to get all the
paperwork pushed, and one might think that it is not worth the effort
for just a few months of operations.

I have supported the transfer to the RIRs and I still support it, but it
would require a considerable extension of the phaseout dates, which I
also proposed earlier (some recent postings seem to indicate that I am
not the only one leaning in this direction).

> CHAIR: Jordi Palet Martinez jordi.palet@consulintel.es

I have great confidence that Jordi has what it takes to run this.

Michel.