[6bone] pTLA request by NECTEC-TH - review closes 10 March 2003

Jonathan Guthrie jguthrie@brokersys.com
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 07:59:48 -0600

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 01:35:26AM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 09:13:39AM +1000, Dan Reeder wrote:
> > That raises the question: are we able to force the RIRs to offer globally
> > routable FREE production space for the purposes of testing? If not, would
> > there be any incentive for carriers / ISPs to offer their clients free
> > testing space?

> As soon as IPv6 connectivity is a commodity item (hopefully soon) this
> point seems moot to me.

Well, from where I sit, it appears as if IPv6 is perhaps a decade away
from being available and maybe two more from being a "commodity item".

There is absolutely no evidence that I can find that ANYBODY is offering
IPv6 Internet connectivity to end users.  Perhaps the backbone providers
have it on their routers and speak it to each other, but it sure hasn't
filtered down to anybody else.
--
Jonathan Guthrie (jguthrie@brokersys.com)
Sto pro veritate