[6bone] small time bgp testing

Dan Reeder dan@reeder.name
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:37:35 +1000

6bone folk;
I have been wondering of late (probably due to unemployment) what options
there may be of profiteering from IPv6 at this stage in its development. It
seems that everything I've seen on this list has been related to relatively
large corporations, at least as far as BGP is concerned.
Now I had the idea of doign something like independant consulting for
companies wanting to migrate to v6 and whatnot. Understandably I need to
learn as much as I can about the v6 routing operations (eg Zebra), but as I
see it I can't get any operational experience at all with it in my current
situation... unless there was a facility somewhere in the v6 world for me to
obtain a private ASN (for free) from a vendor with multiple pops around the
world, and some address space (free) so that I can get a relatively small
yet for all intents and purposes operational BGP setup going.

Does this sound ok, or too outrageous? Does anyone know of any v6 providors
offering this? Once again I have to stress that it this would be for
experimental testing and self education purposes only.

regards,
Dan