[6bone] pTLA request by NECTEC-TH - review closes 10 March 2003

Laurent Mele mele@cartel-securite.fr
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:04:44 +0100

Hi there,

See from my side, I ask for a pTLA instead of a sTLA because of RIPE
Allocation and Assignement policy for IPV6.
Actually I try to promote ipv6 to my customers but i am not sure that
(at least) 200 customers will take me a /48 allocation in the 2 years.
As I still need many /48 (and a full bgp peering with more than 2 peers
that I'll start as soon as I have an allocation), I ask for a pTLA. I
wan't to build a serious V6 network but I am not big enough (Or not liar
enough ( I do not charge anybody !!!)) to fullfill Ripe criterias. I
want to be sure before asking Ripe for a sTLA.

Regards,

My english is bad, I know it :-)

-----Message d'origine-----
De : 6bone-admin@mailman.isi.edu [mailto:6bone-admin@mailman.isi.edu] De
la part de Philip Smith
Envoyé : jeudi 27 février 2003 04:48
À : Bill Manning
Cc : bob@thefinks.com; 6bone@ISI.EDU; ipv6@nectec.or.th
Objet : Re: [6bone] pTLA request by NECTEC-TH - review closes 10 March
2003

At 17:58 26/02/2003 -0800, Bill Manning wrote:
>         one reason is that is is much easier to delineate experimental
>         activities from things that may be more persistant.

I'm curious to know what feature of 3ffe::/16 space makes it suitable
for
experiments and makes 2001::/16 not suitable for experiments. Both are
globally routable, aren't they? Or are we thinking of disconnecting the
IPv6 experimental testbed (the 6bone) from the part of the IPv6 Internet

which is using 2001::/16 space? Can't folks just use filters if they
don't
want the experimental bits to leak out into the rest of the net?

:-)

philip