[6bone] pTLA request by NECTEC-TH - review closes 10 March 2003

Philip Smith pfs@cisco.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:48:10 +1000

At 17:58 26/02/2003 -0800, Bill Manning wrote:
>         one reason is that is is much easier to delineate experimental
>         activities from things that may be more persistant.

I'm curious to know what feature of 3ffe::/16 space makes it suitable for
experiments and makes 2001::/16 not suitable for experiments. Both are
globally routable, aren't they? Or are we thinking of disconnecting the
IPv6 experimental testbed (the 6bone) from the part of the IPv6 Internet
which is using 2001::/16 space? Can't folks just use filters if they don't
want the experimental bits to leak out into the rest of the net?

:-)

philip