[6bone] notice of intent to reclaim unused pTLAs, closes 17Jan0

Daniel Roesen dr@cluenet.de
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:35:55 +0100

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 04:00:35PM +0100, Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 14:57, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> > Bob Fink wrote the 17th of January 2003:
>
> > Also 3ffe:d00::/24 (ANSNET/US-DC) and 3ffe:82e0::/28 (LDCOM/FR) are
> > still not available, any information about those?
>
> We work with LDCOM, they will announce their pTLA very soon.

Route announcements are a 10-second-job. Will they actually _use_ the
space or just "trick around" to make an announcement visible?

This is exactly what I meant is flawed about giving weeks and months
of grace time. For many, you only give them time to make an "alibi
announcement" visibile. IMNSHO, if someone doesn't announce a block
for months, they _don't_use_it_. This means, if they actually care again
of _using_ it, they can reapply for a new block and obtain new addresses
quite quickly. With current, up-to-date contact information etc.

But then again, if this is what 6bone regards as being acceptable, then
who am I to complain. :-)

Just my unimportant ?0.02 ;-)

Best regards,
Daniel