[6bone] RIPE Exchange Points

Gert Doering gert@space.net
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:18:04 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 02:27:51PM -0000, Daniel Austin wrote:
> Does anyone allow the RIPE exchange point blocks in their filters?

The RIPE policy explicitely discourages announcing and routing those
networks.  It should be used for the peering mesh, and not for anything
else.

If you need globally routed address space for additional service, the
current recommendation is "use upstream space from one of your members
who will provide transit".

[..]
> I've just started a transit feed to LIPEX (2001:7f8:5::/48), but getting people to accept the prefix seems difficult!
> I just wondered how many people's filters would accept this prefix?

Right now, our filters will accept this, but it is to be expected
that global visibilty for those prefixes might not work.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  57147 (56285)

SpaceNet AG                 Mail: netmaster@Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14   Tel : +49-89-32356-0
80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-299