[6bone] ip6.arpa ...

Gert Doering gert@space.net
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:41:57 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 06:23:24PM +0200, Pekka Savola wrote:
> Uhh, the proposal at least to me looks unnecessarily complex.  There is no
> need to tie the process to having IPv6 enabled nameservers, or (to a
> lesser degree) TSIG capabilities.  Those items can be worked out, though,
> after the initial setup.

To clarify this: I agree with Bill that it's better to just copy the
same zone with a different $ORIGIN than to have a complex mechanism that
will "copy some of the records but not all of them".

As for the proposal itself - well, RIPE has IPv6 enabled name servers now,
it seems to be here to stay, let's get on with that.

> Folks want the delegations soon, not in a year.

Folks wanted the delegations *a year ago*.

I, for one, have been complaining about this since R43.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  56285 (56029)

SpaceNet AG                 Mail: netmaster@Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14   Tel : +49-89-32356-0
80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-299