[6bone] ip6.arpa ...

Gert Doering gert@space.net
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:06:55 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 05:44:06AM -0800, Bill Manning wrote:
> 	So what I proposed to Andrei to take back to the RIRs was the
> 	following:
>
>         Recognise that the data published for 3ffe:: should be identical
> 	regardless of anchorpoint.  Plan for an active migration plan
> 	from industry/user nameservers to RIR nameservers for this delegation,
> 	based on the capability of the RIRs to support native IPv6 and
> 	TSIG.
>
> 	I've not heard back from Andrei or anyone else on this proposal.
> 	I intend to work with the RIRs, starting with APNIC, to migrate
> 	the 3ffe:: zone to RIR servers.

I'm glad to hear that there is some progress going on now.

I agree with your proposal.  The thing that RIPE thought up always felt
needlessly complex to me.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  56285 (56029)

SpaceNet AG                 Mail: netmaster@Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14   Tel : +49-89-32356-0
80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-299