[6bone] DNS support for IPv6

Fernando Gont fernando@gont.com.ar
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 22:00:42 -0300

Hi,

I'm just about to write a brief explanation about the RRs that need to be
added to the ones described in RFC 1034 / 1035, in order to add support for
IPv6.

I've read RFC 3363, and it recommends that RFC 1886 stay on standards track
and be advanced, and to move RFC 2874 to Experimental status.

Shall I make comments on AAAA records, and don't even mention A6 records?

About address mapping, RFC 3152 says IP6.ARPA should be used, instead IP6.INT.
The same here: shall I omit the description of IP6.INT, or it is still
being used, and so, I should describe it?

TIA,
Fernando Gont
e-mail: fernando@gont.com.ar