[6bone] pTLA request by CTN1 - review closes 16 December 2003

Dan Reeder dan@reeder.name
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:35:19 +1000

> Please read the archive before !
> When you have pTLA allocated with unassigned ASN, only one contact
> person,... Are this pTLA conform to RFC2772 ? Why they have been
> allocated ?

Nicholas, you can't seem to get beyond the fact that just because something
bad happened in the past that doesn't mean it should continue to happen.
Just beacuse banks have been robbed in the past doesnt mean you should feel
free to walk in and demand what you want today.

The point is that those allocations were mistakes and shouldn't have been
granted approval in the first place. Just like CTN1.

Besides, as has been pointed out the 6bone is on its last legs. If CTN1 is
such a well funded company (i'd love to have 1 million euros at my disposal)
then I'm sure RIPE would be all ears. And if thats still not feasible, what
is stopping NDSoftware from giving a /35 to them? You are partners, right?

Dan Reeder