[6bone] Corporation wishing to get connected to the new v6 Internet

Gert Doering gert@space.net
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 08:06:01 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 05:24:32PM -0400, Matt.Carpenter@alticor.com wrote:
> It is appearing that production IPv6 networks are currently mostly
> disparate, funnels to the IPv4 Internet.  Is that correct?

Partly, but this is improving.

> And are there
> a few that are big enough that would warrant creating tunnels to them
> specifically so as to bring them together (eg. if I'm connected to the
> he.net's network, also connecting to an IPv6 network in Asia (or
> someplace) with a huge presence)?  Or are they pretty much their own
> little world?

Don't put up tunnels to other continents.  Find someone who has good
connectivity there, and put up a tunnel to them (if tunnels are
unavoidable).

Much of the current IPv6 routing problems come from tunnels that are
just *much* too long (networkwise).

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  56318  (55442)

SpaceNet AG                 Mail: netmaster@Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14   Tel : +49-89-32356-0
80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-299