[6bone] Corporation wishing to get connected to the new v6 Internet

Matt.Carpenter@alticor.com Matt.Carpenter@alticor.com
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:34:18 -0400

--=_alternative 006BD18C85256D78_=

Again, here is my disclaimer:
        "The parties herein do not assume to know anything whatsoever that
is important and will rely on your patience and knowledge to determine any
disconnects in logic or knowledge of IPv6.  The individuals responsible
will and do actively RTFM when available and will not shudder at the
response 'RTFM', so long as sending party includes a link or a way to
FTFM... etcetera"
Thank you.

<MEAT>
I am working with my company to determine how to get involved with a
production IPv6 Internet, as one develops.  I am aware that the 6bone is
apparently scheduled for decommisioning as of Internet Draft 6Bone
PhaseOut
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fink-6bone-phaseout-04.txt),
and am left to assume that there is something else that is taking it's
place.  I also am aware of the need in many countries for address-space
which will be pushing IPv6 Internet to fruition.

What options are available for a Production IPv6 Internet and how does it
relate to the IPv4 Internet?
        Are there tunnel options for that network as well?
        Or does it require a "ISP-Provided" connection?
        Does one even exist currently?
        Does it touch the v4 Internet or is it a separate entity?

</MEAT>

Thank you all in advance!
Matt