[6bone] Re: how to hook up?

Matt.Carpenter@alticor.com Matt.Carpenter@alticor.com
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:14:07 -0400

--=_alternative 00647A2585256D78_=

Thank you all for the last thread, it has helped me quite far along the
lines of getting connected.

If anyone is alergic to newbies, please skip reading the rest of this
note.  I know that there is so much that I have not figured out yet about
v6 that I'm bound to provide some entertainment to those who are still
reading.  Please be patient.  Thanks.

I am attempting to get connected to 6bone from my v6-test-network.
Everything seems to connect correctly (many thanks to this thread and the
Freenet6), except I am getting some radvd startup errors.  NOTE: I DO NOT
HAVE A /48 ADDRESS RANGE CURRENTLY CONFIGURED ON THIS GATEWAY OR NETWORK.
I am, however, asking for a /48 network from Freenet6.
The problem with configuring an IP range is that I have to know which
range to use, right?  I'm a little lost in this arena.  On the Freenet6's
site there is documentation on "How to request a /48 IPv6 prefix"  but it only really covers signing up
for an account and configuring TSP appropriately...  Meanwhile, radvd is
giving me absolutely NO help (output is nonexistent, even with -d 99).  Do
I need to have an IP range configured on the network prior to starting the
tunnel and requesting routing?  Is there some other hocus pocus I need to
do to be assigned a range?  I'm about out of goats and completely out of
rams, and I'm still not working.  Is there a third Thursday with a full
moon coming up?

Thanks in advance for your help!
dot1q