[6bone] how to hook up?

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 18:06:55 +0200

Richard Welty wrote:

> warning: this is going to be a fairly naive posting...
>
> i've some interest in getting ipv6 running in my home
> network. i'm sitting on a road runner cable modem, and the folks at the
road
> runner noc told me "try again in 6 months" when i inquired about any
potential
> ipv6 trials on their network.

Keep calling them every month, maybe that will help ;)

> so i'd like some advice on how to find someone to tunnel to.
> i am currently running an OpenBSD 3.3 firewall gatewaying between road
> runner and my home network and gather that it should make for a perfectly
> adequate terminus for an IPv6 tunnel. i've found a very nice document
already
> explaining how to set up the pf firewall rules on the ipv6 side, and on
> setting up the endpoint of the tunnel, i just need to find someone to
connect to.

Probably your best bet in the US would be Hurricane Electric,
http://ipv6.he.net
An alternative could be FreeNet6, http://www.freenet6.net

In any way you should choose the nearest connectivity point possible.
It would be great if the roadrunner people started doing IPv6 even
on a tunneled basis so the termination point is closest to their
customers...
And nopes, no SixXS pops in the US :(

Greets,
 Jeroen