[6bone] 6bone-phaseout-01

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 15:27:40 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Bob Fink wrote:
> Per the San Francisco 6bone BOF I have updated the draft with dates for the
> phaseout to reflect the consensus at the meeting.
>
>    Jan 1, 2004 allocation cutoff
>    June 6, 2006 phaseout
>
> (note that in the -01 draft I missed the phaseout date in the intro, so
> please ignore that... will fix in next draft)
>
> Also the IANA considerations was changed per some comments.
>
> <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fink-6bone-phaseout-01.txt>
>
> Let us see if we can reach some consensus soon on this so we can forward it
> for BCP or Informational as soon as possible.

Note that the document states "Informational", so if we decide on BCP, the
doc needs to be updated.  Process-wise, an Informational individual
submission goes to the RFC Editor.  It is not a standards track document.
6bone address allocations RFC went to IESG because is was an Experimental
working group submission.  On the other hand, BCP would go directly to the
IESG, and have a 4-week IETF last call.

So, it seems to me that BCP might be slightly preferable (but might be
slightly more complicated), but the difference is not too great in
practice and I'm OK with either.

The only nits I could see was that References need to be split, and that
the authors don't have affiliations in the I-D header (but I don't think
it's necessary -- and considering the consequences, may be desirable).