[6bone] pTLA request by SAMART-TH - review closes 6 May 2003

Bob Fink bob@thefinks.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:39:54 -0700

6bone Folk,

SAMART-TH has requested a pTLA allocation and I find their request fully
compliant with RFC2772. The open review period for this will close 6 May
2003. Please send your comments to me or the list.

   <www.ipv6.samart.co.th>

Thanks,

Bob

===
7. Guidelines for 6Bone pTLA sites

    The following rules apply to qualify for a 6Bone pTLA allocation. It
    should be recognized that holders of 6Bone pTLA allocations are
    expected to provide production quality backbone network services for
    the 6Bone.

    1. The pTLA Applicant must have a minimum of three (3) months
       qualifying experience as a 6Bone end-site or pNLA transit.   During
       the entire qualifying period the Applicant must be operationally
       providing the following:

We have been connected to the 6Bone since 03 JAN 2003 as a 6Bone
end-site.

       a. Fully maintained, up to date, 6Bone Registry entries for their
          ipv6-site inet6num, mntner, and person objects, including each
          tunnel that the Applicant has.

ipv6-site:    SAMART-TH
origin:       AS4741
descr:        Samart IPv6 site
country:      TH
prefix:       3FFE:400B:6006::/48
tunnel:       IPv6 in IPv4 v4v6.ipv6.samart.co.th -> ipv6-gw66.inet.co.th
INET-TH BGP4+
contact:      CN4-6BONE
url:          http://www.ipv6.samart.co.th
notify:       netmgmt@samart.co.th
mnt-by:       MAINT-TH-SAMART
changed:      dorn@samart.co.th 20030103
changed:      dorn@samart.co.th 20030113
changed:      dorn@samart.co.th 20030113
changed:      dorn@samart.co.th 20030416
source:       6BONE

       b. Fully maintained, and reliable, BGP4+ peering and connectivity
          between the Applicant's boundary router and the appropriate
          connection point into the 6Bone. This router must be IPv6
          pingable. This criteria is judged by members of the 6Bone
          Operations Group at the time of the Applicant's pTLA request.

Tunnel1                    [up/up]  ---> INET-TH
     FE80::CB95:102
     3FFE:400B:400B::15

Neighbor        V    AS MsgRcvd MsgSent   TblVer  InQ OutQ
Up/Down  State/PfxRcd
3FFE:400B:400B::14
                 4  4618   47492   19893    33585    0    0 23:22:42      439

       c. Fully maintained DNS forward (AAAA) and reverse (ip6.int)
          entries for the Applicant's router(s) and at least one host
          system.

We have configured IPv6 DNS on 203.149.0.55 (ns.ipv6.samart.co.th)

ns                      IN      AAAA    3FFE:400B:6006::2
www                     IN      AAAA    3FFE:400B:6006::2
v6v4                    IN      AAAA    3FFE:400B:6006::1

$ORIGIN 0.0.0.0.6.0.0.6.B.0.0.4.E.F.F.3.ip6.int
1.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0 	IN	PTR	v6v4.ipv6.samart.co.th
2.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0	IN	PTR	ns.ipv6.samart.co.th

       d. A fully maintained, and reliable, IPv6-accessible system
          providing, at a mimimum, one or more web pages, describing the
          Applicant's IPv6 services.  This server must be IPv6 pingable.

Our IPv6 pingable WWW server is www.ipv6.samart.co.th, and it's accessible
by both IPv6 and IPv4

    2. The pTLA Applicant MUST have the ability and intent to provide
       "production-quality" 6Bone backbone service. Applicants must
       provide a statement and information in support of this claim.
       This MUST include the following:

       a. A support staff of two persons minimum, three preferable, with
          person attributes registered for each in the ipv6-site object
          for the pTLA applicant.

3 persons:
person: CN4-6BONE, Chonlatan Naranong (dorn@samart.co.th)
person: NS7-6BONE, Narumol Somboon (narumols@samtel.com)
person: SP13-6BONE, Seksan Potajatikul (seksanp@samtel.com)

       b. A common mailbox for support contact purposes that all support
          staff have acess to, pointed to with a notify attribute in the
          ipv6-site object for the pTLA Applicant.

notify: netmgmt@samart.co.th

    3. The pTLA Applicant MUST have a potential "user community" that
       would be served by its becoming a pTLA, e.g., the Applicant is a
       major provider of Internet service in a region, country, or focus
       of interest. Applicant must provide a statement and information in
       support this claim.

Samart Infonet is one of ISPs in Thailand. Our company've merged with other
Samart's subsidiary companies to act as system integrator. We provide
internet access and total solution for both individual users,corportate,
  education and government organization. However, our main customers
are corporate,education and government organization.Since the merging
and our new services, we're expanding our network and infrastructure in a
drive to provide customers with the most efficient and cost-effective
Internet connections. There are over 30 access networks served for our
individual internet access users and more than 500 customers that are
corporate, education and government organization.
   For the 6bone pTLA, we have plan to test within our network and our
subscribers.(A lot of our customers're interested and would like to test IPv6.)
We welcome whoever want to connect us with 6BONE prefix. Now we have
a direct link to Japan Telecom for IPv6 testing purpose. We also plan to
request IPv6  address space from APNIC and then we will provide the IPv6
commercial services in the future
   Our web site is http://www.samart.co.th

    4. The pTLA Applicant MUST commit to abide by the current 6Bone
       operational rules and policies as they exist at time of its
       application, and agree to abide by future 6Bone backbone
       operational rules and policies as they evolve by consensus of the
       6Bone backbone and user community.

We agree to all current and future operational rules and policies.

    When an Applicant seeks to receive a pTLA allocation, it will apply
    to the 6Bone Operations Group (see section 8 below) by providing to
    the Group information in support of its claims that it meets the
    criteria above.

8. 6Bone Operations Group

    The 6Bone Operations Group is the group in charge of monitoring and
    policing adherence to the current rules. Membership in the 6Bone
    Operations Group is mandatory for, and restricted to, sites connected
    to the 6Bone.

    The 6Bone Operations Group is currently defined by those members of
    the existing 6Bone mailing list who represent sites participating in
    the 6Bone. Therefore it is incumbent on relevant site contacts to
    join the 6Bone mailing list. Instructions on how to join the list are
    maintained on the 6Bone web site at < http://www.6bone.net>.

-end