[6bone] Who respect RFC2772 ? (8. 6Bone Operations Group, 9. Common rules enforcement for the 6bone)

John Fraizer tvo@EnterZone.Net
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:04:00 -0500 (EST)

On 31 Oct 2002, Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:

> 6bone folks,
>
> Flames & co > /dev/null
>

> RFC2772: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2772.txt
>
> 8. 6Bone Operations Group
>
>    The 6Bone Operations Group is the group in charge of monitoring and
>    policing adherence to the current rules. Membership in the 6Bone
>    Operations Group is mandatory for, and restricted to, sites connected
>    to the 6Bone.
>
> Nobody monitoring the policing adherence !

Yes.  We are.  And we have a little french baby crying his eyes out
because of it.

>    Participation in the 6Bone is a voluntary and benevolent undertaking.
>    However, participating sites are expected to adhere to the rules and
>    policies described in this document in order to maintain the 6Bone as
>    a quality tool for the deployment of, and transition to, IPv6
>    protocols and the products implementing them.
>
> See my comments, a lot of pTLA (and 6bone sites) don't respect this
> rules !

Nicolas, in the interest of the overall health of the 6bone and IPv6, I
hereby give you 24 hour notice.  At 3pm GMT on November 1, 2002, AS13944
intends to sever all ties to AS25358.  I have pondered this decision for
several weeks, all the while hoping that you would show some sign of being
an adult capable of interacting with other adults in a professional
manner.  You have shown absolutely no promise of ever attaining this lofty
goal and in fact have today further demonstrated your grade school
mentality.

I think that it is best that all ties with NDSoftware be severed while the
overall impact to the 6bone and IPv6 is still minimal.  I apologise to any
downstream of NDSoftware that this may inconvenience.  I will assist you
in obtaining alternate connectivity if necessary.  I can only say that you
should have seen the writing on the wall long ago and cut your lossed
then.

>       under their respective pTLA prefix have been delegated.
>
> A lot of pTLA respect this rules only during the pTLA request.

More whining.  Nicolas, are you trying to tell us that you're 100% RFC2772
compliant?

>    2. When a site detects an issue, it SHOULD first use the 6Bone
>       registry to contact the site maintainer and work the issue.
>
> How do you contact a pTLA when in the whois you have an invalid email
> address that bounce ?

Have you ever heard of a telephone?  How about sending a request to the
6bone list that someone from that pTLA contact you.

> The pTLA said in their pTLA request that they agree to all current and
> future rules and policies !
>
> Do you think that this pTLA who don't respect the RFC2772 must keep
> their pTLA ?

Which pTLA are you referring to?  Why didn't you object to their request
for a pTLA?  Why are you pointing fingers instead of FIXING YOUR OWN
PROBLEMS?

---
John Fraizer              | High-Security Datacenter Services |
President                 | Dedicated circuits 64k - 155M OC3 |
EnterZone, Inc            | Virtual, Dedicated, Colocation    |
http://www.enterzone.net/ | Network Consulting Services       |