[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE / pTLA requests in general.

Gav old_mc_donald@hotmail.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:01:32 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sascha Bielski" <sb@rdns.de>
To: "Laurent Mele" <mele@cartel-securite.fr>
Cc: <6bone@mailman.isi.edu>
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: [6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - change of review date to 30
October 2002

> Dear Laurent Mele, dear 6bone folks,
>
> > This should be great !
> > We are now 31 october. May 6bone folks take a decision and finish this
flame ?
> > This is looks like a "Burn the witch" monty python's powered thread ! We
are now over a hundred mail for this.

> I've got a simple idea. For now, we have a "review" phase of two
> weeks. There should be another test-phase (maybe a month?), with
> already allocated pTLA. After that month, the 6bone folk should decide
> to keep that new pTLA or to delete it. Then we could see if One is
> using this pTLA in the right way. If not, just take that pTLA back.
> The right example would be NDSOFTWARE. Let's give a pTLA to NDSOFTWARE
> for a test-month. If all is going right (no DMZ pollution from
> NDSOFTWARE e.g.) let him keep his pTLA. I think with this solution we
> can be satisfied. And no more flames ;-)
>
> -> two weeks review
> -> if no "serious" problems like private ASN or unallocated ASN give
> "test-pTLA" for a month.
> -> after the month another short review "good or not. keep or delete"
>
> Comments are welcome.

A good idea I think in this case , maybe Bob would like to suggest this
with his panel of 5.
Taking this further though , would this be a one off or do you propose
that all pTLA requests be handled in this way?
Would different strategies for different requests be efficient?

Gav...

---
Checked for Viruses (Viri) , Gav...