[6bone] Re: pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Gav old_mc_donald@hotmail.com
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 15:35:52 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Abdul Basit" <basit@basit.cc>
To: <6bone@mailman.isi.edu>
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2002 2:11 AM
Subject: [6bone] Re: pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

> Hello folks@6bone ,

<snip>

NGC is housed at WSU (Wichita state university), USA, As a
> matter of fact, in very begining , we were unable to find any support
> of ipv6 , it was Mr Deffayet who helped us a lot,

I am in no position to comment of Nicolas' application, but just wanted to
point out to
Abdul something on the Internet2 site (www.internet2.edu).

There is a section entitled 'Internet2 Days' and in this section it states:-
'Wichita State University 15th November ,Wichita, KS'

> We also plan to tunnel with KU and KSU in cojunction with HiPECCe
> (http://www.hipecc.twsu.edu) Internet2 project at WSU. Even we are
> analyzing the feasibility of deploying IPv6 on laptops issued to students.

Of which the interesting part is
'http://www.hipecc.twsu.edu/internet2.html'
Links from this page to for instance
:'http://webs.wichita.edu/dt/newsletter/show/?NID=636&AID=1686'
has details that seem to suggest IPv6 connectivity is under way in
collaboration with Internet2 (and the other
180 participating US unis) .

Quote from page :"The university will benefit by differentiating itself in
the market place by adding value to current offerings. WSU will become part
of a substantial international network of collaborating universities, making
itself stronger than it would be on its own."

Either IPv6 & Internet2 connectivity is going on under your nose, or your
part of this collaboration,
in wich (sic) case I apologise.

Gav...

---