[6bone] Re: pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Aron Silverton ajs@labs.mot.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:32:41 -0500

Abdul Basit wrote:
> Hello folks@6bone ,

<snip support of Nicolas' pTLA request>

>  As a matter of fact, being on irc is fun, you meet nice persons
> and get help, it always the case with me.  On the other hand, persons
> working in cisco, motorolla, Nokia are of no real help, I tried to contact
> some persons in Nokia (listed at http://www.nokia.com/ipv6/ ) several
> times , no reply i got, but if i email Mr Deffayet for some question or
> ask for some support, i usually get reply on the same day.

I don't recall ever being contacted by you.  I get a lot of email, so
perhaps I didn't notice or it looked like an unsolicitated resume or
some other type of university spam and was summarily deleted.  If so, I
apologize, but like I said, I don't think that you ever contacted me or
our 6bone alias.  That being said, I don't think that you should
generalize about the responsiveness or helpfulness of an entire company
based on a single experience with another.

If you do legitimately contact somebody on a one-to-one basis, and have
no luck geting a response, why not try calling them out on the list.
Shame motivates.

>I give credit
> to Mr Deffayet of what is  currently being done under NGC as he is the one
> who is supporting that research work. I beleive NOKIA , cisco and other
> BIG giants don't support IPv6 work at universities that much that
> NDSOFTWARE is trying to do.

If you are located in the state of Kansas and are involved in I2
research, then I would think that you would want to contact I2 regarding
IPv6 connectivity.  See the news release referenced at the following link:

http://archives.internet2.edu/guest/archives/i2-news/log200208/msg00000.html

Or am I being of, "no real help" here?  It seems to make sense to me as
I2 _is_ the organization that supports _universities_ in this and other
areas.

<snip the rest of post>

Regards,

Aron