[6bone] Re: IPv6-only IXP's are absolutely wrong

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 17:13:47 -0700 (PDT)

% 2) Most IXP work at level 2. They are a (several) switch(es) and a set of IP
% addresses. Since IPv4 and IPv6 can happily coexist on the same network
% (like we all do on our links), I see no reason to set up two different IXP.
%
% > Is the UK6X heading down the wrong path?
%
% I believe so, but I will ask the same question:

	it is true that for L2 fabric, it can be hard to prevent IPv6 or IPv4
	from using the fabric.  There are reasons to try and split them however.
	This is not the right thread to take on that topic though.
	If this is of interest, send a note and I'll forward on the rational.

--
--bill