[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Pim van Pelt pim@ipng.nl
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 21:40:02 +0200

| > You are trying and wanting to do constructive things for IPv6.
| > But you really really have to realize that NOT everybody can have a
| > pTLA.
|
| Why IPNG.NL have a pTLA and a sTLA ?
This is quite amazing. You are mistaken, IPng is not even an ISP. It's a
personal hobby project of mine that is running at Intouch.

| Please justify this.
IPng does not have a pTLA.

The operating ISP, called Intouch (NV) in The Netherlands (AS8954),
requested a pTLA several years ago. IPng is a project that is running
within Intouch which requires IPv6 connectivity and they get this
statically routed from biscuit.intouch.net (connected to the AMS-IX
shared medium with 10baseT).

IPng does not have an sTLA.

The operating ISP, Intouch NV, after some 9 months of operational
experience with the pTLA, thought themselves ready to offer commercial
services with IPv6. They then requested (and were allocated) the second
IPv6 allocation for .nl (the first being our NREN).

Note that there is a large difference in the way Intouch handled things
at the time, and the way you are proceding today.

groet,
Pim

--
Pim van Pelt                 Email: pim@ipng.nl