[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Ludovic Victor luv@nerim.net
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 15:32:36 +0200

> As a French LIR myself, I can say that I find annoying that cowards'
comments
> are forwarded to the 6bone list.

That's very nice to call coward peoples who wants to have their right to
stay anonymous preserved... I think Christian has done
The Right Think(tm) removing sender's name before forwarding the
comments. Next time you are doing your citizen's duty, voting at a
political election, remember you are cowardly hiding your choice by
staying anonymous.

By the way, I found the comments of that person to be very insightfull and
quite true after consideration of what has been said by that NDSoftware guy
in the internal newsgroups of its upstream provider (Nerim).

> Nicolas Deffayet is obnoxious enough with what he does publicly (such as
> pretending his toy is the "first IPv6 IXP in France"). No need to add
> anonymous accusations.

What accusations ? I read facts.

> > >time to deploy native IPv6, we are truely sad to see that a kid playing
> > >with some PCs running Zebra could annihilate all of those efforts.
>
> That b...s...t about Zebra (which we use in production) is one more thing
that
> should warn 6bone readers against that anonymous comment.

You obviously didn't get the idea. Where is it said PC running Zebra is bad
or unstable (except in Nicolas Deffayet's posts where he says that reaching
more than a hundred sessions, it starts to be unstable) ?

You could run MRTd, gated or even commercial softwares over commercial
platforms, nobody cares...

When I read this, I understand : "It is very simple nowadays to setup a
BGP router, and even more simple to do a lot of mess with it.". Didn't
you experienced it when your Zebra thingy has done weird advertisements
to Nerim (and possibily all of your peers) over the FreeIX ?

Ludo.