[6bone] very drafty draft on 6bone routing mess

Pekka Savola pekkas@netcore.fi
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:51:22 +0300 (EEST)

Hello,

The so-called 6bone-mess has been discussed here back and forth, with no
apparent result or success.

Based on experiences gained in 6NET and seeing how others are doing, I got
motivated enough to write something down on the subject.

A very drafty draft (result of 3 hours of torturing the keyboard in middle
of the night :-) on 6bone routing policy issues which I believe are
causing current problems is available at:

http://www.netcore.fi/pekkas/ietf/6bone-mess.txt

There are also some ideas, but nothing specific, how one could get around
those.

Before I want to go make this something a bit less drafty I'd like to get
opinions and thoughts on this: should we try to do something to try to
ensure IPv6 Internet would actually get usable one of these years (it sure
ain't now!)

Comments, please.

(Anyone with more than 5 peers with transit should feel the sting of guilt
now. :-)