[6bone] pTLA request NDSOFTWARE - review closes 23 October 2002

Jeroen Massar jeroen@unfix.org
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 23:28:34 +0200

Nicolas DEFFAYET [mailto:nicolas.deffayet@ndsoftware.net] wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 22:41, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> > >
> > > I will move the 3 /32 in the pTLA.
> > >
> > > For the moment, i use:
> > _I_ use.
>
> Why do you play with words ?
> It's funny for you ?

No I can't imagine that it's funny having to see somebody apply for a
pTLA
who only has 2 colo'd boxes and calling _himself_ a ISP and an IX
without any justification.

> > > /35 DELEGATION (/48, /44, /40)
> > For what? Llama's? Vhosts? Mirrors?
>
> read my request of pTLA to Bob Fink.

Guess what I did? I read it while ignoring the numberous grammar errors
and needing a de-yoda-fier to actually understand it a bit.
There is nothing in it about where it's used for.

> > > /35 IPV6-FR
> > > /36 NEXTGENCOLLECTIVE
> > > /36 NDSOFTWARE
> > >
> > > A lot of /24 and /28 pTLA use only one /48 in their pTLA...
> > >
> > > I hope that you see that i need a pTLA.
> >
> > No I don't see any reason for a pTLA.
> > I do see a reason for making a numberplan.
> > How many users are in this 3x /32?
> > A very big ISP can provide IPv6 to whole china with it.
> > How many 'users' are there in NDSOFTWARE that you need
> > and can justify a /36 ???
>
> Why you need know my number plan ?
> Other pTLA didn't published their number plan for get their pTLA...

They ARE legit companies who have existed for multiple years.
And they DO have actual REAL users and they also have a REAL plan
for the usage of the pTLA and also a will to make it production after
the experimenting is over.

So I ask you _again_: Can you justify a /36 for a single company?
A /36, how many employees do you have? Or are they all getting a /42?

> > Where did FNIX6 go? Oh yeah it doesn't exist checking the site.
>
> http://www.fnix6.net.net/, this URL is in my request of pTLA

I said I checked _your_ site, not a non-existing URL.
I checked http://www.fnix6.net/members/by-name.php
8<------------------------
FNIX6  Members  Index by Name

------------------------>8
Empty -> No Members -> No IX.
Even your _own_ NDSOFTWARE doesn't want to be a member apparently.
Sorry www.fnix6.net.net doesn't exist but you probably didn't register
that domain. And yes your FAQ (http://www.fnix6.net/about/faq.php) says
it's:
8<------------------
9: Who are the members of FNIX6 ?
A full and up to date list is available on the FNIX6 website.
----------------->8
Good, no users there, now where did you need that pTLA for?

Check: www.tunnel-ix.nl at least they say they are tunnel'd.

> > > Where is the "rest" of NDSoftware (Nicolas DEFFAYET Software).
> >
> > I'm the founder of NDSoftware, yes NDSoftware = Nicolas DEFFAYET
> > Software.
> > NDSoftware exist since 03/2000.
> > I use "I" for call NDSoftware because it's my company.
> And nobody else now is there?
> Who are the other people mentioned in _your_ whois ?
>
> It's like you said "my family".
The janitor can't manage a network. Oh oops there is no network?
Or do you have any cabling coming out of that colo box to other places?
No private home adsl lines don't count, especially if they are operated
by other ISP's.

> It's people who work on the IPv6 project with me.
Actual reallife people?

> > > You don't need a pTLA, you need a delegation from NERIM,
> > they are your
> > > upstream.
> >
> > No, i need a pTLA.
>
> > I again. YOU don't need a pTLA.
> > WHY ? Oh I'll spell it again : W.H.Y.
> > Thats: Double-U, Ache, Why: Why.
>
> > First justify WHY _your company_ needs it.
> > Then rememeber that it's for EXPERIMENTAL purposes
> > So you can't use it COMMERCIALLY.
> >
> > And again I ask you, if you reply and _your company_ still
> > want to request a pTLA: answer the above questions in full without
> > cutting.
>
> I need a pTLA, i have sent my request with my justification to Bob
Fink
> and he had sent to this mailing list.
> Read it before ask why why why !
http://mailman.isi.edu/pipermail/6bone/2002-October/006364.html

I read it a couple of times and see no valid data,
the persons apparently are your family, you have no infrastructure,
no planning what you are going to do with it.
And the biggest problem of all: No users.

I also wonder why ATI doesn't get space from APNIC and needs to get
it from a one-person non-existing 'company' from france, which is at
the other side of the world and doesn't have his own line to TUNESIA?
Are you mad? It's the same as Class-A style assignments in IPv4.

> Ask other pTLA why they have a pTLA...

I asked a number of them and they all came up with valid reasons.
But this is about YOUR (or was it NDSoftware's?) request for a pTLA.
Not theirs. And thus it's now YOUR (?NDSoftware?)'s turn to answer
questions.

And why _I_ need to know about this: simply because I don't want to see
everybody requesting and getting a pTLA (and after that an sTLA?).
If you can do it, every person in this world can rectify it and then
we can really start making those addresses 512bits, ohno those same
persons will be wanting a /32 out of the 512bits for their 2 colo'd
boxes.
And that's why I want to see a numberplan.

I also find it remarkable that RIPE gave you a ASN just because you
whined about it.

Too much and's, too much questions unanswered or answered with the same
answers.

Greets,
 Jeroen