[6bone] New version of ASPath-tree available on line.

Ronald van der Pol Ronald.vanderPol@rvdp.org
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 16:03:18 +0100

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 11:47:50 +0100, Raffaele D'Albenzio wrote:

> A new version of ASPath-tree (4.0) is available on line.

Great. It is a nice tool which is installed at several sites. But
are people acting on the data?

> or see an example starting from  http://net-stats.ipv6.tilab.com/bgp

Hope you don't mind if I describe some data from your report. This
is not a personal attack. I just hope to identify problem sites.
I think your routing table is similar to many other sites.

SE-DCS-20021104 is very unstable
	many different AS paths

SE-DIGITAL-20010321 has 96% unavailability
	AS patch is: CHELLO - LITNET - SICS - AS8213

TNET-20011115 has 96% unavailability
	AS path is: CHELLO - LITNET

LT-DELFI-20020924 has 96% unavailability
	AS path is: CHELLO - LITNET - HLP IPV6

Ah, see the pattern. Do others see problems wit CHELLO or LITNET?

Many have 100% unavailability:
ZAMA-AP-20010320
SAMSUNGNETWORKS-KRNIC-KR-20010920
TOCN-20020513
NUS-SG-19990827
DISN-LES-V6
SPRINT-V6
UNAM-IPV6
QWEST-IPV6-1
WAYPORT-IPV6
EU-DANTE-20020131
SKTELECOMNET-KRNIC-KR-20010406
CERNET-CN-20000426
AOLTIMEWARNER
KOLNET-KRNIC-KR-20000927
HANANET-KRNIC-KR-20001030
DE-ECRC-19991223
NGINET-KRNIC-KR-20010115
UK-INS-20010518
FBDC-JPNIC-JP-20020524
IT-GARR-20011004
DE-JIPPII-20000426
DREN-V6
ETRI-KRNIC-KR-19991124
IT-CSP-20020725
EP-NET
INTEROP-JP-20020617
PL-CYFRONET-20010221
AT-INODE-20021112
CANET3-IPV6
KREONET2-KRNIC-KR-20010823
NET-CW-10BLK
FI-SONERA-20011231
FR-TELECOM-20000623
CISCO-IPV6-1

That's a large part of the 6bone that is unreachable from your site.

	rvdp