[6bone] Re: RFC 2772 input from RIR space holder

Tim Chown tjc@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:04:39 +0000

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 06:04:40PM +0000, Robert Kiessling wrote:

> > (note that technically under the RIR rules, an NREN
> > cannot get 2001: allocations as most do not serve 200 universities).
>
> This is just not true. "University" is not the only possibly entity to
> which you may assign addresses.

Again I'm just reporting experience.  I know of NRENs who have not applied
for 2001: allocations because they do not have 200 customers (universities).
They should not have to be "creative" to apply; there is no reason why
an NREN with 60 univesities should not receive a SubTLA.

Tim