[6bone] Fw: Filtering

Arnaud Willem Arnaud Willem <woof@woof.lu>
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:34:11 +0100

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

Hi!

I've been following this from far away since some time now, but
I think that this is going a bit too far, don't you think?

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 06:15:51PM +0100, Christian Nickel wrote:
[...]=20
>=20
> > Hi kiddie,
>=20
> ah he is talking to himself :)
>=20
Well, if you start your e-mails this way, I understand why you are not
getting much sympathy from him..
> >=20
> > I'm glad to announce that NDSoftware (AS25358) has setup filters for
> > drop any packets from and to 2001:658:217::/48, 2001:618:B::/48,
> > 2001:768:1800::/40.
> >=20
> > >From your website (http://www.tdoi.org):
> > "Our Autonomous System does not accept prefix 3ffe:4013::/32.
> > Any route via AS25358 will be removed.
> > You cannot reach any prefix routed via AS25358!"
> >=20
> > It's too funny.
>=20
> yes it is funny :)
>=20

Woooohoooo! Filtering routes! What a great idea!
You claim that you are using your IP subnets for "production space",
but, I must say I'm a bit lost on this one: why do you announce that you
are going to filter A WHOLE /32 OUT? And even more, a whole AS!

=46rom what I can see in your looking glass, the pTLA is not appearing in
it.
=46rom what I can see in NDSOFTWARE's looking glass, your network, at
least, the aggregated /32 of it is still routed there!

> >=20
> > You don't have an Autonomous System, you have a private ASN with 2 /48
> > and 1 /40 for play.
>=20
> and my prefixes are not for playing like your privateTLA=20
> it is production space
>=20
> > You are an inmensly irritating clueless kiddie who want to impress other
> > 6bone / ipv6 users.
> >=20
> > Your filtering is not a problem because you are the only user of your
> > network.
> >=20
> > Our filtering will be a problem for you because we provide transit to
> > many AS. People who transit via our network can't will reach you.
>=20
> transit to many AS? wow ;)
>=20

I will not comment on this, as you are both, in this case being
childish, IMHO. ("I've got the biggest one!")
> >=20
> >=20
> > Have a nice day with your broken IPv6 network.
>=20
> oh yes it is now really broken=20
>=20
> >=20
> > Best Regards,

I think that a nice quote would fit in perfectly in this case:
"Der kluegere gibt nach."
I don't know which one of you it is, but I hope that you'll stop
fighting around this way.

Yours truly,

	Arnaud Willem

PS: I haven't got any AS number, I might only be a newbie, but this is
complete NONSENSE!
--=20
Arnaud Willem
woof (at) woof.lu

Tue 23:56:20 < don-o> the problem is that emacs is as intuitive as a=20
		particle collider

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF--