[6bone] 6bone-mess-01.txt

Akira Kato kato@wide.ad.jp
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 07:03:36 +0900 (JST)

> 	part of the reason is because we IIJ (providing IPv6 connectivity
> 	this time) have policy not to peer over tunnels, to keep quality of
> 	our IPv6 routes/paths.  so we have no direct reachability to Europe.
> 	the cause of issue is a bit different from 6bone-mess document.

If itojun is able to relax the policy for the tentative connectivities
such as IETF venue, by putting two (or more) tunnels to major IPv6 ISPs
in U.S. and in Europe repectively, people in Europe will be much happier
because their packets don't have to be transmitted across the ponds 6
times in a round-trip in the worst case.

-- Akira Kato