[6bone] RFC2772 rewrite -- bigger scope goals

Bernhard Schmidt berni@birkenwald.de
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 17:54:40 +0100

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 03:57:38PM +0100, Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:

> We are open for native peering, but many ISP don't want establish native
> peering with us because we don't have a sTLA.

_Where_ are you open for native peerings, and _where_ do ISPs not want
to establish native peerings just because you only have a pTLA? Let me
guess, at FNIX6 with the only member being you (one colocated switch in
a housing-center, right?)? I would rather blow all my computers to hell
than paying colocation fees and a suitable backbone pipe to a
housing-center just to be at a wanna-be exchange point. There are enough
IPv6 exchange points all over the world right now (oh sorry, I forgot,
most have an IPv4 network too so they are no IPv6 exchange points at all).

Or wait, you're talking about native peering in general, not about
native peering at exchange points. So, could you provide an interface
for a T3 or STM-1 at your "routers" to do native IPv6 peering on the
line?

Get real, kid. Most people don't care about you having a sTLA or a pTLA,
they care about you being Nicolas DEFFAYET and the way you got your pTLA
and your ASN.

--
   bye bye
     Bernhard