[6bone] resolv problem

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:10:32 -0800 (PST)

unless/until 3ffe::/16 is in the ip6.arpa tree, you can
get it under the ip6.int tree by sending email to

	hostmaster@ep.net

with the delegation and the associated nameservers.
If its an RIR delegation, you must use their dns registration
processes.

% Max Gargani wrote:
%
% > Hi all,
% >
% > maybe this is not the right place or maybe I wrong something but since
% > RIPE NCC gave to my company the reverse delegation for the
% > allocated /32 ip6.arpa, all protocols such ssh, ircd etc etc, can't
% resolve the
% > addresses.
% >
% > From named log I see ssh & co ask to resolve
% > i.p.v.6.a.d.d.r.e.s.s.ip6.int but all RIRs allocations are ip6.arpa.
%
% You might start updating your resolver libraries to use ip6.arpa which
% now the defacto standard.
% Notez bien that only 6bone space (3ffe::/16) isn't delegated to ip6.arpa
% (yet).
% But that will likely be happing really soon now after some political
% issues are burried.
%
% Most _current_ resolver libraries will currently try:
%  ip6.arpa.
%  ip6.int.
% The second one only when the first one fails ofcourse.
%
% Thus you should at least make reverse entries in ip6.arpa and you could
% add ip6.int entries.
% Ask RIPE NCC to delegate either of them to your dnsservers if you want
% so.
%
% Greets,
%  Jeroen