[6bone] RFC2772 rewrite

Rik van Riel riel@conectiva.com.br
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:54:03 -0200 (BRST)

On 13 Nov 2002, Robert Kiessling wrote:

> I see only two solutions:
>
> 1. Isolate 6bone and similarly operated one-host-wildly-tunneled sTLAs
> from a production-quality IPv6 core, and widely implement filtering.
>
> 2. Assure that pTLAs provide a minimum of service.

I vote for solution 1.  Until ipv6 is widely available, there is
a legitimate place for an experimental network (6bone) which is
run by volunteers that simply don't have the resources to look
after their pTLA 24x7.

Making the requirements too strict will just cut off part of the
current ipv6 userbase, probably even without achieving the stated
goal because there will always be sites that operate within the
"letter of the law", but still cause trouble...

regards,

Rik
http://www.surriel.com/		http://guru.conectiva.com/
Current spamtrap:  <a href=mailto:"october@surriel.com">october@surriel.com</a>