[6bone] RFC2772 rewrite

Daniel Austin Daniel Austin" <daniel@kewlio.net
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 23:58:55 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert J. Rockell" <rrockell@sprint.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: [6bone] RFC2772 rewrite

> I think we are going to write in someting specifying a 'minimum level of
> service'.   However, quantifying that is going to be hard.  I think the
> INTENT of the launguage will point to a robust support infrastructure, but
> as long as companies provide non-revenue-generating service, I don't think
> it is fair to assume a ISP-NOC like level of service. The goal is to get
> there, and we'll put verbiage in that allows for repurcussions if someone is
> providing what is commonly felt to be 'non-production-like' service.  Will
> this satisfy all parties?

That seems fair to me.  I feel that i should provide a good service to all people connected via IPv6 to us.  I know the others that
help me here also feel this way.  If we want to seriously move to an ipv6 Internet, then we need to try our best to provide a
production-like service (to the best extent of our non-revenue-generating activities!).
If providers are repeatedly having massive problems, causing problems in the v6 routing tables or just being unresponsive then i
think repurcussions are an acceptable way forward.

With Thanks,

Daniel Austin,
Managing Director,
kewlio.net Limited.