[6bone] RFC2772 rewrite

Rik van Riel riel@conectiva.com.br
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:23:55 -0200 (BRST)

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Pim van Pelt wrote:

> * Should we seperate the 6BONE cloud from the production IPv6 cloud ? This
> is not really an RFC2772 issue, but does come to mind.

> ... I have heard sounds of operators filtering out 3ffe::/16 due to its
> impact on general availablility of IPv6 to their customers. This
> deserves discussion!

That doesn't make nearly as much sense as filtering out routes
that come via 3ffe::/16 sites, or simply giving these routes a
much lower preference so traffic always goes via production
sites, if there is a route via production sites.

I'm all for some kind of separation between the experimental
and the production side of the ipv6 universe, especially if it
means that I can keep ipv6 connectivity in the near future,
when my ISP doesn't have ipv6 yet, but my own applications do
rely on it.

regards,

Rik
http://www.surriel.com/		http://distro.conectiva.com/