[6bone] Cisco bug ?

owens@nysernet.org owens@nysernet.org
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 09:20:15 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, Gert Doering wrote:
> If the router is doing v4 plus v6 and eventually v4 multicast, I can't
> recommend any image to you.  All 12.2T images that I've heard of are
> broken for that purpose.

We are running 12.2(11)T and T1 on a couple of routers that have the full
array of traffic, and although there definitely are some v4 multicast bugs
they haven't been show-stoppers. (11) fixed a crasher multicast bug, and
the only other crash we know of is 'show ip sdr', which is broken in all
IOS releases AFAICT.

I still don't recommend T images for critical production routers, but (11)
does seem like a reasonable choice if you're willing to walk just a little
bit close to the edge ;)

Bill.