[6bone] Re: recursive DNS servers?

Bill Manning bmanning@ISI.EDU
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:06:24 -0800 (PST)

% Dear diary, on Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 05:17:34PM CEST, I got a letter,
% where Bill Manning <bmanning@ISI.EDU> told me, that...
% > a question came up recently that I could not answer.
% >
% > 	how many recursive IPv6 transport aware DNS
% > 	servers are there?
%
% That brings another question on my mind..
%
% When is at least one of the DNS root servers going to have some v6 connectivity
% and an AAAA record? And, on whose this decision depends? Verisign? ICANN? ..?
%
% (oh, and what's up with 3ffe::/16 ip6.arpafication? ;)
%
% Kind regards,
%
% 				Petr "Pasky" Baudis

the production root servers are slowly working up to that state.
in the mean time, the post yesterday to the 6bone list has a
pointer to the hoop that you can jump through to use v6 enabled
root servers and v6 enabled tld servers.  the testbed is becoming
fully v6 aware.

wrt int/arpa, thats moving through the RIR policy process.

--
--bill