[6bone] 6Bone registry entries when multihomed?

David Kessens david@IPRG.nokia.com
Tue, 21 May 2002 17:57:15 -0700

Nicolas,

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 06:43:31PM +0200, Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:

> Why remove/forbid private ASN (ipv6-site ? because a aut-num can't be
> registered at this time) from 6bone whois ? 6bone whois is a test whois
> database.

Please don't spread this kind of misinformation about the server.
The whois server is not a test server at all and is the official
registry for the 6bone.

We have very liberal policies in place for registration of
information. That means that everybody who uses this information is
well advised to use filters in order to distinguise some bad
information from the good information. We are this liberal because we
don't want to make the use of the registry a burden for the legitimate
6bone community.

I can put in more restrictive policies if the community desires so.
It's users like you who sometimes make me wonder whether I should ask
the community to put such more restrictive policies in place. You
might want to consider to be more careful in what you are doing on the
6bone and the work that you create for me with your continious
changing objects and mail servers that never seem to work. There is
serious people on the 6bone who want to work with ipv6. Your project
is causing an enormous distraction for many people who want to find
out about the real problems in deploying ipv6.

You are welcome to participate, whether you are small or big. However,
this participation comes with certain responsibilities. One of these
responsibilities is that you take comments/concerns from other people
seriously and fix issues when they arise. You clearly have a problem
with private AS#'s leaking out and I would like to suggest that you
try to resolve that with your providers instead of blaming other
people for a problem that ultimately originates from your network.

Thanks,

David K.
---